A mobility was precocious sent to Kurt "Cyberguy" Knutsson from a follower named Molly C., who asked: "How do I support those onerous commercial/advertising clickbait posts disconnected of my Instagram provender and reels, please?"
This is simply a communal rumor that group are bothered by connected Instagram and different societal media feeds, and location are a fewer different ways to lick nan problem.
A personification scrolls done Instagram posts connected their phone. (CyberGuy.com)
Here's nan answer:
How to trim obnoxious advertisement posts connected Instagram
1. Hide posts
- If you travel crossed a commercialized station you don't want to see, you tin hide it by tapping connected nan 3 dots successful nan precocious right-hand area of nan post.
- Select "Hide ad," past you will beryllium asked, "Why are you hiding this ad?" Select nan answer, and a punctual surface will popular up that says, "You won't spot this advertisement again."
2. Unfollow accounts if you nary longer want to spot posts from a circumstantial account. You tin unfollow it by:
- Going to the account's profile.
- Tapping nan 3 dots successful nan precocious correct corner.
- Selecting "Unfollow."
CLICK TO GET KURT’S CYBERGUY NEWSLETTER WITH QUICK TIPS, TECH REVIEWS, SECURITY ALERTS AND EASY HOW-TO’S TO MAKE YOU SMARTER
3. Ad preferences: Instagram allows you to negociate your advertisement preferences.
- Go to your profile, which is nan icon successful nan bottommost right-hand area of your phone.
- Tap the three lines successful nan apical correct corner.
- Select "Settings."
- Select "Ads" – from there, you tin take nan types of ads you want to spot aliases not see.
- Under "Ad preferences," you tin pat "Ad topics" aliases "Activity accusation from advertisement partners." If you pat "Ad topics," you tin past scroll down and spot each nan advertisement topics based connected your activity connected Meta Technologies. Just click connected nan topic, and past you will beryllium asked to click either "No preference," aliases "Show little ads astir this topic." If you pat "Activity from advertisement partners," you will beryllium asked to "Review setting." Then you will beryllium asked this question: "Do you want america to usage your activity accusation from advertisement partners to show?" Select "Yes" aliases "No. "
- If you pat "Ad topics," you tin past scroll down and spot each nan advertisement topics based connected your activity connected Meta Technologies. Just click connected nan topic, and past you will beryllium asked to click either "No preference," aliases "Show little ads astir this topic."
- If you pat "Activity from advertisement partners," you will beryllium asked to "Review setting." Then you will beryllium asked this question: "Do you want america to usage your activity accusation from advertisement partners to show?" Select "Yes" aliases "No. "
4. Report spam if you travel crossed a station that is spam aliases violates Instagram's position of service:
- Tap the three dots.
- Select "Report," which is successful red.
- From there, you'll beryllium taken to a page pinch prompts for why you're reporting nan station (i.e. spam, dislike reside aliases symbols, bullying aliases harassment, etc.).
HOW TO BLOCK POP-UPS ON YOUR ANDROID
5. Use "Hidden Words." You tin utilize this characteristic to hide suggested posts pinch hashtags aliases captions that person circumstantial words, phrases, aliases emojis:
- Go to your Instagram floor plan by clicking nan icon aliases your image successful nan little right-hand corner.
- Click the 3 horizontal lines successful nan apical correct of nan page.
- Tap "Settings," and past "Privacy."
- In the Privacy tab, prime "Hidden Words."
- Scroll down to "Custom words for posts," and prime "Manage civilization words and phrases."
- Type immoderate words aliases phrases successful nan matter bubble that says, "Add words separated by commas." You tin adhd aggregate words, phrases, and emojis.
- Press "Add" erstwhile finished.
A personification views an Instagram station connected their telephone arsenic they beryllium astatine a array pinch a diary and cup of coffee. (CyberGuy.com)
Remember, Instagram is simply a free app, and ads are 1 measurement nan level generates revenue. While doing nan supra actions whitethorn thief trim down connected commercialized and advertizing posts, they mightiness not wholly get free of specified pesky posts from your Instagram feed.
HAVE A SPY ON YOUR PHONE? TAKE STEPS NOW!
Instagram's algorithms are ever changing, truthful you whitethorn still spot caller sponsored posts connected your relationship nary matter really overmuch we each effort our champion to debar them.
Instagram app shown connected an iPhone location screen. (CyberGuy.com)
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
For much of tips, subscribe to nan free CyberGuy Report Newsletter by clicking nan "Free newsletter" nexus astatine nan apical of CyberGuy.com.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All authorities reserved. CyberGuy.com articles and contented whitethorn incorporate connection links that gain a committee erstwhile purchases are made.
Kurt "CyberGuy" Knutsson is an award-winning tech journalist who has a heavy emotion of technology, cogwheel and gadgets that make life amended pinch his contributions for Fox News & FOX Business opening mornings connected "FOX & Friends." Got a tech question? Get Kurt’s CyberGuy Newsletter, stock your voice, a communicative thought aliases remark astatine CyberGuy.com.